Last Update: June 28, 2023
Data We Collect and How We Collect It
OfficePoolsWire.com may collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- “Personal Information” – includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identify you, such as your first name, last name, and email address. You control how much information you provide to us. The legal bases for our processing of Personal Information are primarily that the processing is necessary for and in the legitimate interests of providing the Services, which are further explained in the “How We Use Information” section. We may also process Personal Information upon your consent, asking for it as appropriate.
- “Other Information” – that does not directly reveal your identity on its own, such as browser and device information, Application usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, general geographic location, demographic information and other information you provide.
How We Use Information
We take steps designed to ensure that only those staff who need access to your Personal Information to operate the Service will have access to it. We may use the information we collect or provide, including Personal Information, to present our Services and their content.
We may use it:
- To manage Application accounts and provide customer service.
- To provide you with information about the services and products we provide.
- To enable Application features.
- To send emails or push notifications related to OfficePoolsWire, the events you are attending, or affiliated marketing partner programs, which we reasonably believe you may be interested in. You may opt out of non-essential communications anytime (see Additional Information below).
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to the Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations where reasonably necessary for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
We may also use your contact information to contact you via email or direct mail about products and services that may interest you. Where required, we will seek and obtain your express authorization before we send marketing emails.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Third parties – We may use third-party vendors to handle complaints, send newsletters on our behalf, operate components of the Service, fulfill affiliate marketing obligations, or share information with third parties which provide similar services as OfficePoolsWire, which we reasonably believe you may be interested in, or if you have explicitly provided your consent to such data sharing. We may provide your personal data to third parties to meet a legal obligation or court order. In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor.
- Miscellaneous – As we believe to be necessary or appropriate to share your data: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to the Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, our customers, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. This includes, where reasonably necessary, exchanging information with other companies or organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
We may finally make sure automatically collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information is available to third parties for various purposes, including:
- Compliance with various reporting obligations.
- For business or marketing purposes.
- To assist such parties in understanding your interests, habits, and usage patterns for specific programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the Services.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of the event organizers and other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other company, including app developers, app providers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or device manufacturers, including concerning any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Application.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not:
- Use or provide any information on these Services or on or through any of its features.
- Register to use any of our Services.
- Use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Services or provide information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using one of the means provided below (see Additional Information below).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Additional Information” section below. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the violation in accordance with applicable law.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this document unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or engage third-party service providers. By using the Services, you consent to transfer information to countries outside your residence, which may have different data protection rules than your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. However, our practices regarding your Personal Information will at all times continue to be governed by this Policy, and, if applicable, we will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information from the EU/EEA to a third country.
Rights to Access and Correct
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the Personal Information that we hold, use or communicate and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including:
- The right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing.
- Under certain conditions, the right to access your Personal Information and other supplementary information.
- The right to object to unlawful data processing under certain conditions.
- The right to erasure personal information about you under certain conditions.
- The right to demand that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, the processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or accept your Personal Information is inaccurate.
- The right to data portability of personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format under certain conditions.
- The right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you under certain conditions.
- The right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection here.